We’re now releasing Minecraft Snapshot 21w38a, adding Strongholds 😏 We heard you really wanted them! It’s also full of performance improvements, tweaks and bug fixes. Check it out! https://t.co/VzFHsSYWVs
— slicedlime (@slicedlime) September 23, 2021
Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 21w38a
Changes made in snapshot 21w38a
Changes made to ore distribution
- Copper ore can now be found up to Y level 95. Previously, it used to generate till Y level 96.
- The amount of copper ore has been increased.
- Instead of being spread out, lapis lazuli ore generates blobs in this snapshot.
Changes made to Sprinting
- No longer will the player go from sprinting to walking normally when they slightly brush their sleeve against a wall. It will only happen because of larger angles of collision with a block.
Technical changes made in snapshot 21w38a
- The developers have added a new setting in Minecraft: “Simulation distance.”
- The background threads have been increased.
- Telemetry for world generation has been added.
Simulation distance setting
- Mobs and other entities will not be updated outside of simulation distance.
- Allows higher render distance with less CPU load.
- A new slider in video settings has been added.
- A new simulation-distance property has been added in dedicated server properties.
Known issues in snapshot 21w38a
- Like the previous snapshot, 21w38a is still incompatible with worlds that were created in the older version of Minecraft. Therefore, players will have to create a new world to play this snapshot.
- Sometimes it may take unusually long to save the world. This is the reason why players might see the game stop for a few moments.